Sunday, June 12, 2011

birds!

So, last weekend I spent three days out in the field with amazing people honing my birding skills. I know this sounds pretty dorky, but in the grand scheme of things, birds are pretty darn cool. I've started talking about them more frequently on this blog, so if you'd like to hear my stance on why birding is cool, i would like to direct you to some older blog posts.

Anyway, for spring birding weekend, we set out with the amazing teacher and birder, Libby Mills. I highly recommend that if you enjoy the outdoors, and want to learn about nature, you sign up for one of her work-shops. She has classes through NCI, Skagit Audubon & Methow Conservation Society. So, on this fine sunny weekend, our class set-out for the east side where we birded in a ton of fantastic locations, including Klipchuck Campground, Sun Mountain & the Methow valley community trails. It was a beautiful spring (felt like summer) weekend where I definitely got my fill of both plants and birds. Tomorrow I'll report on some of the plants and talk more about where we went... but for today, here are the birds!

Cedar Waxwings hanging out in a Dogwood tree

Cedar Waxwing


Common Warbler


Grey Jay


Red Breasted Sapsucker


Tree Swallow in a hole!

MBB - Medium Sized Bird (can't remember what this is)


The weekend was very successful and I also had the opportunity to learn some bird calls. More on the trip tomorrow. Enjoy the photos for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment