Monday, December 12, 2011

Back to the norm

This blog was originally started to discuss my life living in a national park and sharing the experience with all those who wanted to read.. Since I left NCI in August, my life has been kind of rough, but ultimately I returned to a city of 65,000 people where I can use a cell-phone whenever I want and visit a grocery store a few minutes from my house.  i can have take-out at my leisure and encounter a lot of people every single day.  At times it is still a little overwhelming, and I miss the simplicity of living in the mountains...at other times, it's really nice to be engaged in society and everything that's going on in the world.

But that's not what today's post is about.  Starting right now (at this very second), im going to go back to documenting my life outside, and really focus on getting outside again.  So, to start it off... Biking on the beach in Florida.

-------
I arrived in Florida on the 7th in order to start my annual east coast christmas pilgrimage and birthday tour.  Upon arrival, dad shared his dream of biking from St. Augustine Beach to Mantanzas Inlet on the beach.  We chose the 8th as our day and checked the tide tables and got rolling at noon.  The day was beautiful with the wind at our back and we started the 12 mile ride to Mantazas. 

Enjoy the photos

Start!


Dad cruising on the beach


Seagull attack!


No Hands!


Great Horned Owl Kicking it in the trees


 Made it to the end - Marineland.

No comments:

Post a Comment