Tuesday, December 27, 2011

this will be brief

So, in an attempt to run in the Chuckanut 50k in March, I've started running a lot more then normal... and by normal i mean that i haven't run really at all since i started grad school.  Anyway, Wyatt and I went out to Blanchard Mountain in the Chuckanuts last week and we had a great time running all over the place.  Most importantly, we saw our first porcupine! Thankfully, I saw it first, and was able to get Wyatt on the leash before he wanted to go check it out.  After that we saw an eagle, and then Wyatt had his first encounter with horses.  The day before the run, we went birding out on Semiamhoo spit, which was awesome. We got to see some scoters, widgens, golden eyes and some other birds i now unfortunately forget.  The snowy owl still eludes me though, and I will go back on the search once it gets a little warm again.

PHOTOS!
trust me, there's a porcupine there... and it's really huge


Lizard Lake

view from semiahmoo spit looking south toward baker

Birding with Cece, Jake & Dave!

SCOTERS! and a golden eye

No comments:

Post a Comment