Sunday, February 27, 2011

empty promises

are fulfilled when i download photos off of my camera :)


Here's a photo compilation of my life over the past few weeks. whoa.


The Grads were invited to go hang out with NCI staff for the day. We got to go bird watching, have an amazing meal in La Conner and then go to the Museum of Northwest Art (MONA). At MONA, we saw amazing exhibits and were shown around by the curator and some of the artists that had a showing at the time. At the main entrance to Theodora Jonssons work, she had the following poem:

When you move
Through the waters
with your mind
still and holy
then from all the file
and all the things growing
and all the animals
the sparks of their souls
come out and cling to you
and then they are purified
and become a holy fire
inside you

The following weekend the grads attended the Wilderness Awareness School for part ii of the instructor exchange. The grads from Islandwood also showed up and we had a grand old time with stories, fires & primitive whatnot. The highlight of the weekend was stalking another group for 20 minutes through the forest. This consisted of me stripping down to my base layer of ninja black, and then crawling along the forest floor through mud and ferns. it was fantastic.

During my time at the Wilderness Awareness School, I came across this picture of Sasquatch becoming a yogi in the woods. so fitting.

This past Thursday, Kate and I ventured out onto Highway 20 to see the sights & sounds of the road less traveled.... due to a road closure sign and a foot of snow. It was a beautiful bluebird day with views of the pickets & Hozomeen near the canadian border. talk about a grounding experience 12 hours before one of my larger presentations for the year.

Spandex & cross-country skis. Not a dork at all.

On Friday, the wonderful people of Prana sent me a catalog and within the confines of its FSC certified pages I found the following quote:

"A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world." - John Le Carre


reading that sentence and then sharing it with the greater NCI community during our weekly staff meeting was a strong reminder that quitting my job was the greatest thing I have done in my life. That simple statement summarizes all of the anxious and stressful moments I have had over the past four years, and justifies my decision to leave a very profitable career and lifestyle to mingle with the outdoors.

Cheers Prana. You made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment