Monday, August 22, 2011

moving out and up

in the process of packing, i came across two notes I have hung onto for varying amounts of time. I want to share them with you since they made me laugh:

4/12/08:
Stephanie -
we care for you, and did not want you to re-injure yourself. But we warned you it was a bad idea.
Doug & Stew

August 2010:
Steph B
I hope your hike up desolation was awesome! you are such a tough ass. You can always jog a mile or two of the hike for funsies. I got no words of wisdom for you, but enjoy the freezing cold dips in the creek at perry and watch out for stinging nettles on the way to Stillwell. Oh, and fear not, you may enjoy the switch backs leaving stillwell up to the Pass. I truly hope you enjoy this, although somewhat leisurely, time in this place you love so much. See something new, and know that a lot of folks, myself included, admire your tenacity.
CeCe


hearts & stars friends. I'll be back in the land of cell service starting in September... but before then, i'll be in upstate new york for 2 weeks thinking, enjoying, running, swimming and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment