Wednesday, August 24, 2011

something to remember

wilderness is more then a hunger for what is always beyond reach: it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth which bore us and sustains us. the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need - if only we had eyes to see

- ed abbey

today begins my 3 week journey going everywhere except "home." Seattle - raquette lake - portland - sophia's wedding - ELC - east side - bellingham.

minus porland and the wedding, all of those places i listed above have been considered (or will be considered) home to me at some point in my life. I kind of feel like i'm going on tour... maybe should go to VT for a few days too just to make it all encompassing. Anyway, i'll post as I can while in upstate, and i'll fill you in on some other fun stuff (i.e. run to stehekin) when i can force myself to sit down for more then 5 minutes.

Living outside will slowly be transitioned to "trying to learn how to live in a city again"

No comments:

Post a Comment